The synchronization between Orbi router and satellite is necessary if you want to make the most out of your mesh WiFi network. But, the situation turns awry when the Orbi satellite is not syncing with the router. On the off-chance you are also facing the synchronization issue between both devices; this post can help you out.
But before that, you need to make sure that the Orbi purple light is not appearing on your WiFi router. This is because the purple light on the router shows up when the connection between the router and modem fails. In that case, the synchronization process is more likely to fail.
Is everything fine with the Orbi router and modem connection? If not, then you are suggested to make the required amends. Like, if the Ethernet cable is found damaged, you should replace it and if the connection is not stable, make it stable by tightening the cable at the ports. However, if the table still does not turn in your favor, re-execute the synchronization process using the information provided in the next section.
Try Syncing Your Orbi Units Again
- Start the synchronization process by pressing the Sync button on the WiFi router.
- The next step is to look for the same button on the Orbi satellite and press it.
- Your Orbi devices will get synced.
This is how you can sync your Orbi router and satellite unit. Did you get success with the process? No? Well, it is a clear sign that you need to spend some time troubleshooting the issue. Refer to the next section and learn how to fix the problem.
Solutions: Orbi Satellite Not Syncing with Router
- Restart Your WiFi Devices: Perhaps, your WiFi units are experiencing a temporary glitch due to which you are unable to sync them successfully. Therefore, you should get rid of glitches first. For this, power down the router and then your satellites. After waiting for 15 minutes, power up your devices again and see if the syncing process is successful.
- Reduce the Router-Satellite Gap: You are required to reduce the distance through which you have separated the router and satellite. Know that the improper distance between them can force you to face the Netgear Orbi login Before that happens, you are suggested to place these devices within each other’s range.
- Get Rid of WiFi Interference: When your Orbi router or satellite is present in an area where WiFi interference-creating factors are already working, then also former will fail to sync with the latter. Thus, you are suggested to relocate the Orbi unit that is found surrounded by reflexive surfaces, metal objects, and heavy electrical appliances.
- Take Care of the Time Frame: Perhaps, you took longer than expected to press the Sync button on the second device. Thus, you are advised to press the Sync button on the second Orbi unit within the time frame of 2 minutes of pressing the button on the first unit. It will surely help you out.
Are you still unable to sync your Orbi router and satellite? This might be happening because of an outdated firmware version of any of the devices. Thus, update the device’s firmware. If you don’t know the process, lean on the steps highlighted in the next section.
How to Update an Orbi Unit?
- Open a web browser on a computer connected to the Orbi WiFi network.
- After that, you should visit orbilogin.net and complete the Orbi login process.
- Once done, locate the Maintenance section and click the Firmware Update tab.
- On the Firmware Update window, you are suggested to click the Check Now option corresponding to the router and satellite model.
- Update the device that demands a firmware update.
This is how you can update the firmware of your Orbi unit after completing the Orbi router login process. Now, try to sync the Orbi router and satellite again. Any luck this time? Yes? Good! Resume your internet experience now.
The Orbi satellite’s failure to sync with the router has become a common problem these days. But, by taking care of the distance between devices and performing other workarounds, getting rid of the problem is possible. We hope that you have successfully addressed the issue.
On the off-chance, you are still getting the issue, you can perform a factory default reset of the entire Orbi WiFi system and set it up again.